Monday 25 June 2012

Divya's Tonsure


Place: Tirupathi, Kalyanakatta (Tonsure Hall)
Time: Morning 7AM
Divya and Karthika standing in the que, for tonsure, not for Karthika, it’s time for Divya. Divya have a hiplength hair, actually it’s curly midback hair she straighten her hair 2 months back, so it’s extended upto her hip. Karthika is younger sister of Divya, she is not yet married. Divya got married 3 years back she had 1 year baby boy. Karthika and Divya’s mother in law, her hubby and her child everybody came for Divya’s tonsure at tirumala this morning. They stayed in the cottage, Divya and Karthika only came to tonsure hall.
Karthika asked her sister, “Divya 2 months back you spend 7K for your hair straighting, now you came for headshave, it’s waste of money, you can said this to your mother in law about the cost she can denied your tonsure this year, why your not inform to her?. Divya smiled and said “ You don’t know my mother in law if I said this to her she will keep me bald for entire my life, actually I don’t know this headshave this time,  I thought it will be next year. So before that I want to grow my hair long, so that’s why I straightened my hair, my hubby also accepted, but all thing sudden she planned last week only for this tonsure this year, I spoke to her about this I can shave my head not this year but she is not accept, I don’t have choice, so anyway it’s god’s vow so no worry about this, only my concern is the amount I spent for my hair straightening”. In the mean time Divya’s turn for headshave is come, so she sat before the barber and karthika gave the tonsure token to the barber, Divya gave her thuppatta and her hair band to karthika and she informed to barber for her headshave. Then the barber pour the water into divya’s head and massaged well, Karthika looking all the process, because she is watching this first time in her life, her sister is shave her head before her. She watch eagerly her headshave. Barber massaged her head nicely and fastly, then he put two knots.
Then the barber took the knife and insert the new half blade, and put the knife in her middle of the head, and he started shaving. Her bald plait is coming, he continuously shaves her right side Karthika watches this and Divya looks karthika and smile, she also smile her half bald head. Other 2 mins he completely shaves Divya’s head, she is now cleanly shaven head. Her head is very shining. Then she standup and asking her thuppatta, Karthika gave the thuppatta, Divya ask how is my look, Karthika said you are very beautiful and she touch her sister’s bald head nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment