Sunday 24 June 2012

Prathima's Tonsure



Prathima is a young girl with long hair. She loves her hair very much. She got married last year. But her age is just 22. She want to her hair to grow long upto her knee length. After the 6 months she got pregnant. And the next year she delivered a baby boy. Her hair is now reached to knee length. That time only she felt it's difficult to maintain such a knee length hair. so she want to short her hair little bit. So she went parlor and cut her hair unto her hip.  Her hubby karthik also satisfied with her haircut. Because every 3 months she trim her hair not a cut. But after a 6 six year first time she cut her small part of her hair. So Karthik said to to Prathima if you want to cut to your hair mid back also not a problem. But she said "No" I can able to maintain my hair upto hip length if it grow after my hip then I can cut to hip not more than that. Karthik said ok for that. 

But after the year their son's first birthday came, they celebrated really well. Next day suddenly prathima asking about the tirupathi trip. Karthik got surprised why suddenly tirupathi trip?, she replied, her son's first tonsure should be happen in tirupathi, also she want to shave her head at tirumala. Karthik got shocked her decision and he questioned, "Hey what you are saying, are you mad or what?" Prathima smiled and replied, " Karthi I love my hair it's true, but the same time it's religious trip, I've already prayed to tirumala if I got normal delivery, I will shave my head at tirupathi in our child's first birthday". So my wish got over, so I want to shave my head.

Karthik don't have words, because he shocked about her decision, and he asked to prathima, "Why you are not inform to me before" she said "Sorry karthi, I actually want to told this early but I don't know how you take it", but if I said in last minute there is no choice for you because it's religious vow". That's why I told now". In the whole night karthik convince to prathima, he said please don't shave your head, if you have any vow or prayer you can cut your hair short unto shoulder length also not a problem, if you really want to shave your head do after 3 or 4 years, because you just 24 year girl. But she is not accept anything. 

Almost a fight prathima wins, karthik accepted her wish, also he plan the trip to next 2 days. Prathima is very happy about her hubby's decision. Finally karthik questioned to prathima, "are you really happy about your tonsure? because if you feel bad don't do". She replied, "Dear I really love my hair there is no change on this, but this is prayer to god, actually I feel bad about my losing my long hair, but after a week I forget everything, once I tonsure my head then only I will satisfy other wise no use of growing such a long hair.So please don't convince me about this, also don't tell my parents about this, I will give a surprise to them". Karthik said "Ok".

And the day is come, they reached tirumala in the early morning, and get their darshan token. Their darshan time is evening 5pm only by the time prathima want to shave her head and her son's head. But they went to their cottage and want to refresh sometime before the tonsure.  She slept well, karthik got wakeup at 9am but prathima is sleeping well. Karthik touch her long hair and nicely massaged her head. Prathima got wakeup once karthik's touch. and she said good morning, he also replied, and she ask about the time, he said it's 9 am. Then she said want breakfast, he said please go and bath will go for breakfast outside, she replied, no I don't want bath now once I tonsure my head then I can take bath, otherwise it's double work. Karthik said ok. Then she take her son and will go for breakfast? he said ok, they went to hotel and finish their breakfast. And prathima ask to karthik, "shall we go to kalyanakatta", he said ok. But he said I want take a photo with your longhair final time. She ok for that, then he took some snaps with long hair prathima. 

Finally they reach the tonsure hall, they took 2 token for prathima and their child. Karthik don't want to shave his head due to some office travel purpose schedule next week. But he worry about prathima's hair. Prathima went and stand in the que, there lot of gents and ladies stand before her hair. Barber ask if anybody haircut pls come and cut don't stand in the que. 1 lady went and cut her hair small part of her hair and comeback. Prathima's behind one guy stand he said mam please go and cut, she replied, no I am going to tonsure, he smiled and ok. 

After the half an hour her turn, first her child head is tonsured, and he cried a lot. And she gave her boy to her hubby, and she sat before the barber, and gave the token to barber, he remove the bun, her hair is very long, then he poured water and massage nicely, her full hair is now wet. Then he put two knots. And he took knife and put a new half blade in this, and she bent her head and prayed "Govinda", he put the knife in her middle of her head and shave the small part, the bald plate is coming. All of the process Karthik took photos. Barber continues his shave, he shaved her middle part and then he shave her right side and left side. Another 2 mins Prathima's long hair is in her lap, she is completely bald. And the barber once again shaved her head completely, and he touch her head said finished, then she stand and came back to her husband, with smiling face. Karthik said prathima you are very beautiful with this look. Then he touch her bald head and smiled. She also happy and first time she touches her head without hair and they moved to the place. Karthik took some photos again with Bald Prathima and their child. 

Once she reached the cottage, she took a bath, and comeback, and wearing silk saree, and see her bald head before the mirror and touch her bald head happily, by the time karthik applied sandal to their child, prathima said please apply this to me also, then he took some sandal and applied in prathima's bald head. Then they went for lunch and finally they see the darshan, then they come back to their home in the midnight 3pm. Prathima got tired so she went to bed early. In the morning karthik started to his office, prathima wake up and said I want to see my parents, he said ok, I will drop you. So she also bath and she prepared her son also. After an hour three of them starting to prathima's parent's house. Once they reach karthik said I will go to office, if you want I will pick you in the evening. She said ok. She is not cover her bald head and she is wearing churidhar. Then she entered her house nobody there. She called her mother,"Ma"  she replied I am taking bath, your father and her sister went to market" She said ok. I will wait. After half an hour her father and sister entered the house and her mother also came, all three of them shocked of prathima's bald look. Her sister questioned, "Prathi what happened" she replied, I just went to tirupathi yesterday and I complete my vow" her mother asking why you are not inform about your tonsure to us before?, she I want to surprise all of you that's why. Her sister touch her head and said anyway you are beautiful. She thanked her sister. Her mother and father asking about the darshan, she replied and it's fine, they take the child and kissing. Her mother said, we also planning your headshave next year at in tirupathi, but you did this year itself. She said "Oh great, so I full fill your wish also?" they said "Yes" and they ask about her hubby, she replied he is not shave his head, me and my son only tonsured. After the long chat and they finish lunch and all of them take some rest.  And in the evening her hubby came and ask about their health and they said all of us are fine. Also they are happy about her daughter's headshave. Then prathima and her hubby started to their home. On the way she said, karthi I want to try all of the hairstyle coming months, like boy cut, bobcut and short hair, after some time I will grow my hair long again. Karthi said it's unto you. whatever hairstyle you want do.

After 6 months prathima is hair is grown ilke boyish but it's not really well, so she went to parlor and cut short her hair to boy cut, 6  to 7 months she maintain the same haircut. Then she want to maintain bobcut hairstyle, for other 6 to 7 months.  After the year she don't want to cut her hair, it's grows again unto her mid back. This time she wants again a knee length hair. So she started to grow her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment